Serving time for kidnap
Source: The mirror http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-pull-over-man-gold-11264173
Video of the discovery of the guns on the floor of the vehicle was released today.
Their footage also captured Abbas’s admissions about driving whilst disqualified and being in possession of a firearm.
Investigating officer, Detective Constable Chris Bailey, said:“Body Worn Video evidence has greatly assisted us in securing this conviction. We will not tolerate violence and will do everything in our power to secure a prosecution and to ensure that justice is done."
Police said Abbas had already been disqualified from driving by Brighton Magistrates’ Court on June 10 last year for two years.
He has further been disqualified from driving until June 8, 2021.
He was arrested on suspicion of kidnap, firearms offences, and driving offences and later charged with kidnap, driving whilst disqualified, no insurance and possession of a firearm.
The driving without insurance offence was not further actioned.