The scenario is in the last few days if not weeks, while Mr Kinman was dangling from a rope enjoying the scenic view in the south of France, having told the police he was the victim of a family emergency, Mr Robinson was overcome with anxiety at the prospect of a trial and devastation of his career,” said defence barrister Jeremy Dein QC.
He said the social media posts appear to show Mr Kinman had been climbing in the last couple of weeks in August, returning to the UK before flying out to Grenoble on September 1.
“This is not just lamentable, but of the gravest type of misconduct, if Mr Kinman has indeed toyed with the criminal justice process in the manner the material suggests he might have done,” added Mr Dein.
Judge Gregory Perrins formally entered not guilty pleas against Mr Robinson and Mr Brown, telling them: “Apparently Mr Kinman deliberatley failed to attend, and also appears on the face of it to have deliberately misled the prosecution.
“It is appears to be the case Mr Kinman had no intention of attending.”
He added that the two defendants walked free from court “without a stain on your character”.
The court had earlier heard Ms Atala, a jewellery designer, was also unavailable for the trial because she had moved to the US not contacted the prosecution team since March.
Robinson, who starred in hit Channel 4 show Top Boy and 2012 film Tower Block, was set to fight the assault claims, challenging Mr Kinman’s account of the alleged incident.
The singer won his first MOBO in 2005 as best newcomer and collected a second last year for his acclaimed album Made in the Manor. He has also been nominated for the Mercury Prize.
Robinson, of Buckhurst Hill, Essex, denied assault occasioning actual bodily harm, unlawful wounding, and affray.
Brown, of Hackney, east London, denied assault occasioning actual bodily harm